Are you ready to take your audiology career to new heights? Do you want to develop solutions that improve clinical performance across Australia and New Zealand? Then this role is for you!
Since launching in August 2017, Specsavers Audiology has gone from strength to strength, opening close to 190 locations across Australia and welcoming approximately 120 audiology professionals to the joint venture partnership. While our growth across Australia continues, we have also continued our journey in New Zealand, welcoming 14 new partners in 2020/21.
At Specsavers Audiology, we’re committed to supporting our Audiology Partners to enable them to deliver high-quality hearing care across Australia and New Zealand. Every decision we make is in the best interests of the partnership and designed to help our partners grow their business.
To meet our growing business needs, we are looking for an experienced professional to take on the role of Professional Services Manager. The role sits within our Audiology Professional Services & Product team which is part of the wider forty-strong Specsavers Audiology Support team.
Reporting to the Head of Professional Services & Product and working collaboratively within the wider team, you will lead the development and management of the Specsavers audiology product portfolio in line with the Specsavers global product strategy.
The Professional Services Manager will drive Audiology Professional productivity across ANZ both commercially and clinically, whilst ensuring risk is mitigated and the professional perception of the brand is promoted positively internally within the industry and externally to the customer. Also, to support the delivery of the clinician resourcing programme to attract, select and on board the best Audiology talent into our Specsavers Audiology business to achieve an ambitious growth plan.
We’re looking for someone who meets the following criteria:
- Qualified Audiologist or Audiometrist with demonstrated experience working within the Australian Audiology market.
- Demonstrated in depth understanding of the Audiology industry (employment and salaries) and extensive knowledge in all aspects of routine audiological services.
- Consistent in delivering a high level of clinical care.
- Proven experience working with regulatory bodies and handling customer complaints with sound commercial judgement.
- Communicating and creating management reports in a variety of media.
- Managing relationships at all levels of business and experience in supervision, management and teamwork.
- Experience producing materials and resources for training, education or communication.
- Sound understanding of standards and educational requirements relating to the provision of accredited courses.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills with high attention to detail.
- Be able to work to short lead times to adhere to deadlines with a strong customer focus.
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
The Professional Services Manager role can be based anywhere in Australia, with some travel to our Support Office in Port Melbourne.
Specsavers recently received the ‘Great Place to Work’ accreditation for both our Support Office and Stores in Australia and New Zealand. As well as a great place to work, we also support flexible working wherever possible to assist our people in achieving work and personal life balance. You can find out more about working for us here: www.join.specsavers.com/au/department/support-office
If this role sounds like you, or someone you know, then please contact our Talent Acquisition Business Partner, Mariam Hakimi – firstname.lastname@example.org